Friday 9 August 2013

The Wildlife of Stanford University

I've been kind of busy this summer and forgot to write posts for the blog. Apologies to the Emu and the Glasswing Butterfly, I left most of the work to you guys. I'm sorry for depriving you all of my trials and tribulations this summer, and my oh-so amazing stories but I've been doing otherwise. Now I don't want to drone on and on about my vacation but I do want to share a little something about my visit to the Stanford campus. I stayed there for quite a while and I was utterly amazed by the wildlife. Now it was nothing compared to what the Glasswing Butterfly was able to see this year but I still loved it. I saw at least three hummingbirds a week, one mouse a day, and thirty robins a weekend. After living in Singapore when the bird you see most often is a mynah  (as many people like to say "rats with wings"), Stanford's birds were like heaven.
I also saw butterflies. Lots and lots of butterflies. I was never able to identify any but I know the one thing I always thought was "I wish I had a camera." There was one butterfly I did have a camera for though. When I can I'll post the photo.

The Blobfish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, commenter.
Nice to know you're showing interest in what we're doing. The Glasswing Butterfly and the Blobfish urge you to be nice while commenting and will hunt you down and find you if you aren't. You don't want to see a near-invisible butterfly and a gloppy slimy blob outside your front door. Trust me.